View from the Road - February 2018
David Orr PE, Director, CLRP
A network of contacts can be vital in any job. Networks help you when there is a crisis, answer questions when they come up, provide advice on a problem, commiserate on shared issues, or just act as an important group of friends. Talking face-to-face helps us realize that despite our differences, we are all in this together. Thanks to one of our partners, the NYS Association of Town Superintendents of Highways, we were able to attend a meeting with the officers from the county-level highway officials associations across New York State. We let them know about our offerings for 2018 and asked them for their help in reaching out to new highway officials. More importantly we expanded, continued, and strengthened our contacts across New York State. We were most impressed with the strong attendance at this meeting. Please thank your officers for attending.
Get involved with the groups you are part of at work, at home, and in your community. It will be a lot of work, but the rewards will be greater than you can imagine!
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
If you are receiving this email as a duplicate or if you would like to be removed from the mailing list, email us at email@example.com
Registration for 2018 Spring Workshops is now open!
- 3/27/18 - Suffolk County
- 3/28/18 - Putnam County
- 4/25/18 - St. Lawrence County
- 4/26/18 - Saratoga County
Running Your Highway Department
- 4/3/18 - Niagara County
- 4/4/18 - Ontario County
- 4/5/18 - Tioga County
- 5/1/18 - Rockland County
- 5/2/18 - Montgomery County
- 5/3/18 - Lewis County
Powers and Duties
- 4/3/18 - Orange County
- 4/4/18 - Columbia County
- 5/2/18 - Livingston County
- 5/3/18 - Tompkins County
- 5/16/18 - Essex County
- 5/17/18 - Oneida County
- 4/24/18 - Chemung County
- 4/25/18 - Monroe County
- 4/26/18 - Cattaraugus County
- 5/22/18 - Dutchess County
- 5/23/18 - Delaware County
- 5/24/18 - Herkimer County
Local Roads Done Right
- 4/10/18 - Clinton County
- 4/11/18 - Schenectady County
- 4/12/18 - Ulster County
- 5/8/18 - Erie County
- 5/9/18 - Seneca County
- 5/10/18 - Broome County
Additional Information available here
CLRP announces Build a Better Mousetrap Competition for local New York State Highway & Public Works Departments
Show off you or your team’s creative talents in a statewide competition featuring local innovative solutions to everyday problems faced by highway and public works departments.
- Deadline for entry is March 12th.
- Entry form available here.
- Contest rules, dates, and details available here.
2018 Cornell Local Roads Program CAMP Summer Intern Registrations Open
- Information on the Cornell Asset Management Program Summer Intern Project, a downloadable brochure and registration form available here.
2018 APWA Annual Conference
- The 2018 state conference will be held April 11th-13th in Buffalo. Details available on the APWA website.
- Dig Safety New York hosting nine free Excavator Safety Seminars across New York State. Schedule and registration information available here.
- Capital District Celebration of National Engineers Week. February 15th & 16th in Saratoga Springs, NY Call for seminars - contact Jen Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
- FHWA Innovation Exchange Webinar Gravel Road maintenance - February 14th
- FHWA Innovation Exchange Webinar Tools for Pavement Preservation - HOW - February 22nd 1pm-2:30pm EST
Test Your Knowledge