Where do I find State / OGS bids?
The term State Bids refers to the procurement of good and services by the New York State Office of General Services (OGS). OGS prepares bids for everything from work zone equipment to dump trucks; crack repairs to paper products; heavy equipment rental to computers. Almost everything an agency needs can be found on the OGS website. While some bids are written specifically for New York State agencies, most of the contracts can be used by local government agencies. Rather than preparing your own bid and going through the procurement process, it is often less expensive and faster to purchase off these Sate Bids. When you need something, it is usually a good idea to at least see what is available from OGS before preparing your own bids. Listed below are several direct links to useful pages on the OGS website.
Contracts are listed alphabetically. Here is a list of the contract areas directly related to Highways. The number preceding the name is the group number used by OGS to track different materials and services:
- 315Highway Bituminous Materials
- 386 Highway Materials & Supplies (Traffic Cones & Glass Beads)
- 018 Highway Road Salt for Ice Control
- 337 Highway, Concrete, Aggregates (Fine & Course), Sand & Stone
- 320 Highway, Guide & Bridge Rails, Posts
- 410 Highway, Material Spreaders
- 377 Highway, Pipe (Culvert & Underdrain)
- 378 Highway, Sign Posts
- 409 Highway, Steel Cutting Edges & Snow Plow Shoes
- 358 Highway, Traffic Signal Equipment