Statewide Conference on Local Bridges
Since 1994 we have collaborated with the New York State Department of Transportation Structures Division to present a conference about bridge issues for local governments. It is held in the Syracuse area and runs for 1½ days.
Who should attend
This Conference is intended for county, city, town, and village highway officials in New York State who maintain and rehabilitate local bridges. Consultants, contractors, and suppliers are also welcome.
2018 Bridge Conference
October 24 & 25 2018
(Training Session October 23)
Syracuse Holiday Inn, 441 Electronics Parkway
**Cancel on or before October 5th to receive a full refund
Training Sessions October 23
- Engineering the Federal Aid Procedures: Local Projects Administration
- Precast Concrete Bridge Construction for Local Projects.
Training Sessions times: 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Bridge Conference General Session - October 24-25
Holiday Inn Syracuse Liverpool
441 Electronics Pkwy
Liverpool, NY 13088
Any questions regarding the program can be directed to:
NYSDOT, Office of Structures
50 Wolf Rd, Albany NY 12332
Past Bridge Conferences
2016 Bridge Conference
- Session 1: Locally Administered Federal Aid Projects
- Session 2: AASHTO Elements Bridge Inspection for Owners and NYSDOT Requirements
2015 Bridge Conference
2014 Bridge Conference
Bridge Conference materials
- Reviews of past Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- Presentations from previous Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- NYSDOT Culvert Inspection Manual (pdf)
A Steering Committee guides the Conference format and program, meeting two or three times annually. The Conference is intended to actively foster partnerships between local agencies with bridge responsibility and the NYSDOT. Conference participants include NYS county, city, town, and village highway officials; representatives of state and federal agencies; and private sector personnel.
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE), Albany NY Chapter
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE), Central NY Chapter
- NYS County Highway Superintendents' Association
- Association for Bridge Construction & Design (ABCD), Western NY Chapter, Inc.
- Association for Bridge Construction & Design (ABCD), Eastern NY Chapter, Inc.
- ACEC, American Council of Engineering Companies