Statewide Conference on Local Bridge
2016 Bridge Conference
- Training Session - October 25
- Session 1: Locally Administered Federal Aid Projects
- Session 2: AASHTO Elements Bridge Inspection for Owners and NYSDOT Requirements
- 22nd Statewide Conference on Local Bridges - October 26-27
Who should attend
This Conference is intended for county, city, town, and village highway officials in New York State who maintain and rehabilitate local bridges. Consultants, contractors, and suppliers are also welcome.
- Regular registration = $30
- Professional Development Hours (PDH) = $15
- On or before Sept. 30 = $95
- After Sept. 30 = $115
- Conference PDH = $25
*Fee includes breaks, handouts, breakfasts, and a lunch on Wednesday (walk-ins please note that lunch may be on your own due to space constraints).
Need to cancel your registration? Please call us at (607) 255-8033. Refunds will be made only if cancellation is received on or before October 6.
Please make your reservation** at:
Holiday Inn North Syracuse
441 Electronics Parkway
Liverpool, NY 13088
This link will allow you to directly book from the hotel website with the group booking code BRI automatically populated.
Enter your check-in and check-out dates. Please note: If you wish to arrive or depart outside of the established block dates you must call the hotel directly at 315-457-1122.
Check-in time: 4 pm
Special check out time (Oct 27): 1 pm
**Mention you are with the Statewide Conference on Local Bridges to receive the prevailing government rate. Reserve a room before September 24 to get this rate.
Professional Development Hours
Professional Development Hours (PDHs )are available for an additional fee. Attending a training session earns 4 PDHs. We expect at least 7 PDHs will be available at the conference. The final number of available PDHs will be determined in October and posted here.
We will be using scanners at the Bridge Conference for those earning PDHs. To earn PDHs for each eligible Session, participants needed to be scanned in and out for each Session. The PDHs are being given for each Session, not each talk. Participants needed to be scanned in prior to the first talk of each Session and scanned a second time on the way out at the end of the Session.PDHs for the Training Session and the Conference will be mailed to you at the address you gave when you registered. Please note that this will NOT be done until payment is received.
2015 Bridge Conference
Thank you to all those who attended the 2015 Bridge conference
- Training Session - October 20
- 21st Statewide Conference on Local Bridges - October 21-22
2014 Bridge Conference
Bridge Conference materials
- Reviews of past Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- Presentations from previous Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- NYSDOT Culvert Inspection Manual (pdf)
- Information on Tappan Zee Bridge Deck Panel Reuse (pdf)
Since 1994 we have collaborated with the New York State Department of Transportation Structures Division to present a conference about bridge issues for local governments. It is held in the Syracuse area and runs for 1½ days.
A Steering Committee guides the Conference format and program, meeting two or three times annually. The Conference is intended to actively foster partnerships between local agencies with bridge responsibility and the NYSDOT. Conference participants include NYS county, city, town, and village highway officials; representatives of state and federal agencies; and private sector personnel.
- American Society of Highway Engineers
- NYS County Highway Superintendents' Association
- ABCD, Western NY Chapter, Inc.
- ABCD, Eastern NY Chapter, Inc.
- ACEC, American Council of Engineering Companies
ABCD = Association for Bridge Construction & Design