Statewide Conference on Local Bridge
2016 Bridge Conference
- Training Session - October 25
- Session 1: Engineering for Federal Aid Procedures
- Session 2: AASHTO Elements Bridge Inspection for Owners and NYSDOT Requirements
- 21st Statewide Conference on Local Bridges - October 26-27
2015 Bridge Conference
Thank you to all those who attended the 2015 Bridge conference
- Training Session - October 20
- 21st Statewide Conference on Local Bridges - October 21-22
2014 Bridge Conference
Bridge Conference materials
- Reviews of past Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- Presentations from previous Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- NYSDOT Culvert Inspection Manual (pdf)
- Information on Tappan Zee Bridge Deck Panel Reuse (pdf)
Since 1994 we have collaborated with the New York State Department of Transportation Structures Division to present a conference about bridge issues for local governments. It is held in the Syracuse area and runs for 1½ days.
A Steering Committee guides the Conference format and program, meeting two or three times annually. The Conference is intended to actively foster partnerships between local agencies with bridge responsibility and the NYSDOT. Conference participants include NYS county, city, town, and village highway officials; representatives of state and federal agencies; and private sector personnel.
- NYS County Highway Superintendents' Association
- ABCD, Western NY Chapter, Inc.
- ABCD, Eastern NY Chapter, Inc.
- ACEC, American Council of Engineering Companies
ABCD = Association for Bridge Construction & Design