Statewide Conference on Local Bridges
Since 1994 we have collaborated with the New York State Department of Transportation Structures Division to present a conference about bridge issues for local governments. It is held in the Syracuse area and runs for 1½ days.
Who should attend
This Conference is intended for county, city, town, and village highway officials in New York State who maintain and rehabilitate local bridges. Consultants, contractors, and suppliers are also welcome.
2017 Bridge Conference
The 2017 Bridge conference dates are set! Save the date!
- Training Session - October 24
- 23rd Statewide Conference on Local Bridges - October 25-26
2016 Bridge Conference
Thank you to all those who attended this year's very successful conference. We had 348 attendees - the highest number in 10 years!
- Training Session - October 25
- Session 1: Locally Administered Federal Aid Projects
- Session 2: AASHTO Elements Bridge Inspection for Owners and NYSDOT Requirements
- 22nd Statewide Conference on Local Bridges - October 26-27
2015 Bridge Conference
2014 Bridge Conference
Bridge Conference materials
- Reviews of past Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- Presentations from previous Bridge Conferences (NYSDOT)
- NYSDOT Culvert Inspection Manual (pdf)
- Information on Tappan Zee Bridge Deck Panel Reuse (pdf)
A Steering Committee guides the Conference format and program, meeting two or three times annually. The Conference is intended to actively foster partnerships between local agencies with bridge responsibility and the NYSDOT. Conference participants include NYS county, city, town, and village highway officials; representatives of state and federal agencies; and private sector personnel.
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE), Albany NY Chapter
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE), Central NY Chapter
- NYS County Highway Superintendents' Association
- Association for Bridge Construction & Design (ABCD), Western NY Chapter, Inc.
- Association for Bridge Construction & Design (ABCD), Eastern NY Chapter, Inc.
- ACEC, American Council of Engineering Companies