Review Lesson 4
1. Highway Superintendents should have a traffic control plan for their work zones.
2. Highway departments can choose any kind of traffic control devices, as long as they work properly.
3. Placing a trained and motivated employee in your work zone as the flagger is the best work zone traffic control policy.
4. In New York State proper flagging equipment includes the following:
A) Red flag, Stop-Slow paddle, orange flag
B) Stop-Slow paddle, red Stop-Slow flag, red flag
C) Red flag, Stop-Slow paddle, any sign that stops traffic effectively
D) Stop-Slow paddle, red flag for emergencies only
5. Which is the correct location for a flagger to be posted on a roadway, as seen by the traffic approaching a work zone?
6. To release traffic properly while flagging, you should: