Asphalt Paving Principles
A Road Master
Request this workshop at your site
Who should attend
Highway superintendents who select paving alternatives, evaluate options, and analyze cost. Whether you use a paving contractor, share paving operations with another municipality, or do your own paving, this workshop and accompanying workbook can help you do a quality job. Crew leaders, field personnel, engineers, and deputies will also benefit.
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Describe Road Structure & Design based on Traffic, Soil, and Environmental Characteristics.
- Identify all varieties and types of Hot Mix and Cold Mix Asphalt, including analysis of choosing the proper variety.
- Identify types of Asphalt failures and probable cause.
- Describe Pavement Rehabilitation process in depth.
- Discuss the necessity of and the protocols for the Construction & Inspection of Asphalt Pavements.
Gary Nelson, CLRP Circuit Rider, has over 35 years of experience working in the asphalt and aggregate industry. He has worked all phases of the paving industry from being involved in development of NYSDOT paving specifications to examination of asphalt pavement failures.
Workshop Locations and Dates
Check Back Soon!
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.
- Workshop Manual: Asphalt Paving Principles (pdf)
- Estimating project costs spreadsheet (pdf)
- Estimating project costs spreadsheet (xlsx)
- Links to Videos