Basics of a Good Road
- Workshop manual - Basics of a Good Road -(PDF 2.3MB)
- A Roadmaster qualified course
- How to Request a Workshop
Who Should Attend
Newly-elected or newly-appointed town, county, city, and village highway officials, street foremen, construction supervisors, and others interested in learning about the fundamental concepts of road building, are encouraged to attend. Bring your mayor, town board, supervisor or highway committee to this session!
Paul Male, P.E., L.S., - CLRP circuit rider - was City Engineer for Saratoga Springs. Paul has over 25 years of experience with transportation and road-related issues.
Robert Hempstead, Superintendent of Highways, Town of Cairo, has over 38 years of experience with transportation and road-related issues.
- Design features of a highway
- Materials used in a good road
- Compaction and proper paving
- Traffic considerations
- Road geometry
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.