Identifying and Reducing Legal Liability: A Guide for Highway and Public Works Departments
A Road Master Qualified Course
Request this workshop at your site
Who Should Attend
Local government officials in New York State responsible for highway department operations and management. Also, those employees responsible for safety and risk programs.
James L. Gelormini is a Municipal Legal Consultant and a former New York State Assistant Attorney General.
Workshop Locations and Dates
Check Back Soon!
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Explain how courts evaluate a municipality’s liability arising from defectively maintained or designed highways.
- List the special defenses applicable to claims based on defectively maintained and defectively designed highways.
- Discuss how liability arising from motor vehicle accidents involving highway vehicles is evaluated.
- Explain the Constitutional liabilities that may arise from a highway department’s operations.
- Contrast between insurance and indemnity.
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.
Workshop Manual: Identifying and Reducing Legal Liabilities (pdf)