A Highway Department's Legal Liabilities: Understanding the Basics
- Workshop Manual: Highway Department Legal Liabilities (pdf)
- A Roadmaster qualified course
- How to Request a Workshop
Who Should Attend
Local government officials in New York State responsible for highway department operations and management. Also, those employees responsible for safety and risk programs.
James L. Gelormini is a Municipal Legal Consultant and a former New York State Assistant Attorney General.
- Legal concepts
- Highway liability
- Municipal liability
- Liability based on highway design
- Insurance and indemnity
- Obligations of people who sue
- Liability arising from vehicle use
- Record keeping
- Court procedures
- Accident response and information gathering
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.