Guidelines for Requested Workshops
Quick workshop links
Don’t see a scheduled workshop that suits you? Why not schedule one of your own? Here’s how.
- Contact Amanda Link at email@example.com or 607-255-5437; or complete the workshop request form.
- Contact us at least two months ahead of when you would like the workshop.
- We’ll ask for a few possible dates to work with. Timing of the workshop will depend on the availability of the instructor, staff, and course materials.
- Gather a minimum of 15 attendees (30 people maximum).
Don’t have enough people? Why not ask neighboring municipalities to join you? We may be able to help with contact information.
- Provide us with participant information at least two weeks prior to the workshop, including:
- full name
- business address
- the last four digits of their Social Security number (optional)
- Provide a voucher or PO number.
You will be billed two weeks before the workshop, but payment after the workshop is acceptable.
- Full day = $1,200
- Typically 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Includes morning refreshments and lunch (our staff will reserve food service).
- Attendees of full-day workshops will receive a certificate of completion.
- Available workshops
- Asphalt Paving Principles
- Complete Streets
- Highway Department Legal Liabilities
- Local Roads Done Right
- Managing People
- Pavement Maintenance
- Powers and Duties of Local Highway Officials
- Road Safety Fundamentals
- Roadway and Roadside Drainage
- Running your Highway Department
- Snow and Ice Control Operations for Local Highway Officials
- Stormwater Management
- Traffic Signs & Pavement Markings
- Work Zone Traffic Control for Local Roads
Some, but not all of our workshops lend themselves to a half-day format. Please contact us if you are interested in the half-day version.
- Half day = $500
- Typically 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- No food provided