Road Safety Fundamentals
- Workshop Manual: Road Safety Fundamentals (pdf )
- A Roadmaster qualified course
- How to Request a Workshop
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for highway and public works officials interested in learning about the fundamental concepts of safe roads. Superintendents and safety officers will benefit from this overview.
Al Bachner, P.E., is retired from the New York State Department of Transportation. Al’s work has focused on traffic safety issues. He is an adjunct professor at Nassau Community College.
Ken Swain, retired from NYSDOT with over 37 years of experience in highway construction and maintenance, employee safety and health, training and outreach. He has presented seminars on Work Zone Safety all around the State of New York.
- Basics of road safety
- Solving traffic safety problems
- Traffic control devices
- Improving roadside safety
- Intersections, railroad grade crossings and driveways
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.