New York State Local Technical Assistance Program

Quick Answers

The Quick Answers section is where we answers questions from people like you. These cover a wide variety of subjects of interest to local road/highway and related agencies.

If you have a question you would like answered, please email us at For additional information on any of the topics or entries posted here, contact our office, our Senior Engineer, David Orr, or our Technical Assistance Engineer, Geoff Scott. David can be reached via telephone at (607) 255-8465, or Geoff can be contacted at (607) 255-2806 or

Recent Quick Answers

The Public Rights-of-Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG) guidance document referenced in the recent ADA workshop appears to be a draft. Is this a draft and where can I find the most current version?

If we repair or update a ramp at one corner of an intersection, do we have to update every ramp?

I would like to start a bicyclist safety campaign in my area, and I am looking for some ideas and materials to get me started.

I have to hire some new employees and I need to find some sample interview questions that I can ask candidates. Where can I find some good questions specifically for local highway and public works positions?

All Answers

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License icon

This work by the Cornell Local Roads Program (CLRP) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.