- Expand the inference space of the models of seasonal change in unbound (subbase and subgrade) layer moduli for use in mechanistic pavement design.
- Revise and update the matrix of the soil and climatic zones important to pavement design in New York State.
- Using a practical set of evaluation tests at a site; determine an effective resilient modulus of subgrade for use in the 2000 NYSDOT Comprehensive Pavement Design Manual (CPDM), Chapter 4: New Pavement Design.
- Using a practical set of evaluation tests at a site, determine a predictive seasonal model of resilient modulus of unbound materials to be used in mechanistically-based new and reconstruction pavement design.
- Provide software tools and training for NYSDOT engineers to facilitate the implementation of this research.
Test Sites from Phase I