Tools for Practical Communication
A Road Master Qualified Course
Request this workshop at your site
Who Should Attend
This workshop is open to everyone (highway superintendents, crew members, town clerks, board members, etc.) who would like to improve their interaction with others.
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Discuss what is communication and why it is critical for creating productive working relationships.
- Identify your own leadership style and how this helps to understanding others.
- Describe five common ways of reacting to change.
- Demonstrate listening to understand.
- Choose when and how to delegate work assignments.
- List the four primary leadership styles.
- Practice giving feedback in a practical situation.
Jim Sheridan, Jim Sheridan is a Senior Management Consultant with Cornell University’s Organizational Development and Effectiveness department. With nearly forty years of varied Human Resources experience, Jim is a principal facilitator and trainer for Cornell University’s Leadership and Supervisory training Programs.
Workshop Locations and Dates
Tools for Practical Communication:
In Person - October 13 - Ontario Co.
In Person - October 27 - Saratoga Co.
In Person - November 1 - Chemung Co.
Webinar - October 8
Webinar - October 9
10am - 11am
$10 per attendee for in-person workshops
Webinars are free
Timing of workshops
The in-person workshop sessions are all scheduled from 9:00 am – noon and food will not be served at workshops this fall..
Workshop Manual: Tools for Practical Communications (pdf)