Running Your Highway Department
A Road Master Qualified Course
Request this workshop at your site
Who should attend
Recently elected or appointed town or village highway superintendents or public works officials who supervise staff.
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Compare and contrast various highway department organizational structures.
- Calculate efficiency of various highway department operations.
- Locate critical resources needed to manage the department.
- List the assets of the department and develop simple replacement plans.
- Identify the proper budget lines to use and describe various budgeting methods.
- Propose asset management plans to the board.
Marty Roberts retired as the long-term Highway Superintendent for the Town of Reading at the end of 2015. He is also a past President of the New York State Association of Town Superintendents of Highways (NYSAOTSOH).
Workshop Locations and Dates
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.