Traffic Signs and Pavement Markings
A Road Master Qualified Course
Request this workshop at your site
Who Should Attend
Superintendents of highway and public works departments, supervisors, crew leaders and others who are involved with the ordering, installation and maintenance of signs.
Participants taking this course will be able to:
- Identify the five principles of signing
- Properly install signs and pavement markings
- Use the MUTCD
- Select the correct post/hardware for each sign installation
- Demonstrate proper sign and pavement marking maintenance
- Identify the correct traffic control device for each situation
Al Bachner, P.E., is retired from the New York State Department of Transportation. His work has focused on traffic safety issues. He is currently an adjunct professor at Nassau Community College.
Ken Swain, retired from NYSDOT with over 37 years of experience in highway construction and maintenance, employee safety and health, training and outreach.
Workshop Locations and Dates
Check Back Soon!
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.
Workshop Manual: Traffic Signs and Pavement Markings (pdf)