Our primary service is training. We are on the road with our workshops, traveling all over New York State each year. We schedule the majority of our training sessions in the spring, from late March through May, and in the fall during the months of September and October.
2019 Fall Workshops
- Rensselaer - September 4th
- Hamilton - September 5th
- Jefferson - September 10th - Cancelled
- Madison - September 11th - Cancelled
- Cattaraugus - September 24th
- Ontario - September 25th
- Schuyler - September 4th - Cancelled
- Oneida - September 5th - Cancelled
- Orange - September 24th
- Albany - September 25th
- Erie - October 9th - Cancelled
- Wayne - October 10th - Cancelled
- Cayuga - October 1st
- Monroe - October 2nd - Cancelled
- Allegany - October 3rd
- Essex - October 15th - Cancelled
- Fulton - October 16th
- Ulster - October 17th
- Nassau - September 10th - Cancelled
- Rockland - September 11th
- Columbia - September 12th
- Chemung - October 8th - Cancelled
- Chenango - October 9th - Cancelled
- Lewis - October 10th
Low-Volume Road Pavement Design - 7 PDHs
- 10/8/19 Genesee County
- 10/9/19 Tompkins County
- 10/10/19 Rockland County
More Informaton on course content and locations available here
Engineering Workshop Registration and Course Info
The cost to attend an engineering workshop is normally $75.00, PDH credit hours are an additional $20.00.
Timing of workshops
Sign-in is 7:30am. The workshop begins at 8:00am and ends at approximately 4:00pm.
Please Note: Workshop attendees must stay for the entire course in order to earn PDHs.
Workshop Registration Information
Credit cards are now accepted. Call 607-255-8033 for more info!
The registration fee includes a light breakfast, lunch, and course materials. To accommodate as many municipalities as possible, we guarantee up to 3 registrants per organization, as space allows. All others will be waitlisted. If space is available two weeks prior to the workshop, we will register those waitlisted in order of date received.
Please submit registrations at least two weeks prior to the workshop. At two weeks out, if the registration numbers are low, we have to cancel to avoid paying a penalty to the facility and caterer. If we cancel a workshop, and you have submitted payment, we will contact you about the refund procedure.
If you must cancel your registration, please call us at least 3 business days prior to the workshop date to avoid payment. This allows us to adjust our food order or offer your place to someone on our waiting list. Substitutes are welcome at any time.
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.
How do we plan where to hold our workshops?
In November of each year the Local Roads program staff plans up to 60 training events. We decide the locations of our workshops based on several factors:
- Preference to counties where we did not have training the previous year.
- Preference to counties where we scheduled a course, but canceled due to low registration.
- Consideration of counties where we have not previously offered a topic.
- Accommodation of counties where we have received a request for a workshop.
Registrations may be emailed, faxed or mailed to: