Work Zone Traffic Control for Local Roads
- Workshop Manual: Work Zone Traffic Control for Local Roads (pdf)
- A Roadmaster qualified course
- How to Request a Workshop
- Registration Form (pdf)
Who Should Attend
Highway superintendents, crew leaders, foremen, maintenance supervisors, and those responsible for planning and managing work zone set up and operations.
Al Bachner, P.E., is retired from the New York State Department of Transportation. His work has focused on traffic safety issues. He is currently an adjunct professor at Nassau Community College.
Ken Swain, retired from NYSDOT with over 37 years of experience in highway construction and maintenance, employee safety and health, training and outreach.
- Manage work zone traffic
- Set up and maintain work zones
- Install, maintain, and monitor traffic control devices
- Identify and train the right people for flagging in the work zone
- Apply NYS MUTCD standards for work zone traffic control
- Assess the legal consequences of actions and inactions related to work zone traffic control
$50 per attendee
Timing of workshops
Workshops typically run from 8.30am to 3pm. Sign-in starts at 8am.